maandag 28 maart 2011

Sun! Sun and more Sun!

Lots of pictures! Hell yeah! Last days were awesome! I’ve met a whole new group of people to climb with. It was a lot of fun. Now half the group left bishop because of different reasons. Work, real life, friends or other obligations!

Last rest day I went to the natural hot springs near Mammoth (a famous ski-village) with Niels, a nice guy from Utah. It was awesome; this was the first time in my life I’ve been in a hot spring! I ate 500 gr of carrots with some hummus and drank some homebrew beer from Niels! What a nice rest day!

Last two climbing days where painful! I tried ‘Stained glass’ V10. I fell on the last move really close on my second try! I tried it 3 more times and then my fingers were fucked like you can see on the picture! I didn’t try it anymore to save the skin!

In those days I did a lot of beautiful more easy classics to save some skin. I woke up every night from the heartbeat in my fingers! Really annoying! I flashed a lot of V8’s. The nicest one was Checkerboard in the Buttermilks! Perfect high line! I love high boulders!

I’m too lazy today to write a whole story so enjoy the pictures!


Top class boulder in the buttermilk! V1 sitstart in a hole. Don't need your shoes for this, just your ass! It's called the 'Birthing experience'!

This one above is a nice but really hard arrête V6 next to the famous boulder 'The Mandala'!



On our new campsite at the Buttermilk we only found one tree. So my Van was the second tree and we could tighten it easy by driving forward!

Here my fingers after only 5 try's in Stained Glass! Super sharp!

This is Stained Glass! Super small and sharp crimps who ends in a dyno to a sharp jugg!



Three pictures above: Niels and I in the amazing hot Spring in the middle of nowhere! Still lots of snow!

PS: We were not naked!

This was my lazy blog post!

8 comments:

Ik vind het zalig om te zien hoe hard ge daar genieten van het klimmen en de natuur!
enjoy ;)

Noémie

Sweet slackline!
En mooie plaatjes hoor, ben jaloers :-)

Voor je vingers, heb je al eens gehoord van "The Finger" van Mad Rock?

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Accessories/Medical-Cosmetic/Finger-Tape/The-Finger-MAD-FINGR

Misschien iets om te proberen?

ongelooflijk,maar waar!

This is real living !
Fantastisch!

Hilaarische foto's! Je ziet er inderdaad heel gelukkig uit! x

Hey allen!

Zal het een opzoeken Leon! Merci voor de tip!

Siebe,

Geen gezever, The Mandala, nu!
Volgens mij zijn de condities optimaal! :-)

Grtz,
Herman

Hmm ik moet toch nog wat sterker worden dan! En niet alleen dat Het vinger, skin probleem speelt me weer eens serieus parten! Echt super vervelend! Weet echt niet meer wat doen! Moet al mijn projecten achterlaten, beetje frustrerend!
Maar jah, wat doen we dan? Naar Indian Creek gaan en leren in barsten klimmen!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More